24/7 Emergency Vet Care in Virginia Beach, VA
In an emergency, trust your primary veterinarian for the care your pet needs. Dr. Silverstone handles pet emergencies both during our regular hours and for after-hours care. Current clients are given his personal cell phone number to call in urgent care situations. If your pet ends up needing urgent care, he’ll meet you at the hospital to perform the necessary procedures.
In the event he is not able to assist you, Dr. Silverstone will give you expert guidance about who to contact for 24/7 emergency vet care.
It’s not always obvious when your pet needs urgent care. Look for any of these signs to determine whether your pet needs immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding that won’t stop with compression
- Blood in stool, urine, or vomit
- Car accident or other traumatic injury
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea for over 24 hours
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Fight with another dog, cat, or wild animal
- Chronic cough
- Difficulty breathing or choking
- Has a bloated abdomen that is hard to the touch
- Sits with head pressed against a wall or other surface
- Eye injuries
- Burn injuries
- Seems confused and disoriented
Bleeding from their nose, ears, and/or mouth
- Ingested a toxic substance
If you are ever concerned about your pet’s well-being, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Silverstone or our animal hospital at (757) 340-6996.